[Pharo-project] A .mcz of Pinesoft's accumulated fixes applicable to Pharo

Simon Kirk simon at pinesoft.co.uk
Sat Sep 27 22:07:16 CEST 2008

Hmm, OK, I've had a dig around.

I tried with a Pharo0.1-10074-oneclick package, and I think I see what
you mean: viewing changes via the MC browser on the package I attached
simply shows the entire method in red - even though if I go and find
the equivalent method in the image it exists and should be showing
changes instead.

I then tried with a Pharo0.1-PolymorphTT package, as I'm more familiar
with the diff tool from Gary's work. Again, the same problem.

However, if I load the MCZ into the package, then pick, say,
BrowserCommentTextMorph>>#hidePane and view the versions of the
method, I can then see both the original method (sd 11/20/2005 21:26)
and Gary's new version, and the differences between the two.

So, perhaps the problem is that the Monticello browser can't show you
differences between methods when one method is in the image under one
class category, while the one in the Monticello package to be loaded
is under a different one (the method in this case is an extension, so
the method category for #hidePane would change from "displaying" to
"*Pinesoft-Fixes-Misc"

I hope that makes sense. I would have thought you would want to keep
the original method categories, just keeping the method source from
the MCZ.

Unfortunately my knowledge of managing such changes falls well short
of knowing how to go about that :(

Hope this has all made sense and is helpful

On 27 Sep 2008, at 06:58, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> [...]

This email is from Pinesoft Limited. Its contents are confidential to the intended recipient(s) at the email address(es) to which it has been addressed. It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee(s), nor may it be copied in anyway. If received in error, please contact the sender, then delete it from your system. Although this email and attachments are believed to be free of virus, or any other defect which might affect any computer or IT system into which they are received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Pinesoft for any loss or damage arising in any way from receipt or use thereof. *******************************************************************************************************************************************

Pinesoft Limited are registered in England, Registered number: 2914825. Registered office: 266-268 High Street, Waltham Cross, Herts, EN8 7EA