[Pharo-project] Is there any package to manipulate excel files?

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 23:16:25 CET 2010

On 11/1/10, Guillermo Polito <guillermopolito at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is a bad an awful real excel file :(.

2003 (pre-XML, binary) or 2007 (OpenXML, zip file)?

A note: If your client still works with 2003 they might install a 2007
compatibility plugin so that 2007 XML files may be used.

Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
File Formats
FileFormatConverters.exe  (37.0MB)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en

Dealing with an XML file is possible. Depending on what you want to do
it might be straightforward.

--Hannes