[Pharo-project] Smalltalk Labs Browser

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Tue Nov 2 20:35:41 CET 2010

On 02 Nov 2010, at 18:57, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> The code should mostly work, I recently fixed all the tests. However
> keep in mind that it hasn't been used in the past 4 years and that it
> does not support some "newer" OB features like the button bar and the
> new completion and multiselect dialogs.

I got it working with your instructions.
I seems a little rough in terms of error handling and feedback, but it is very impressive.
It is quite surprising that this is not a Seaside web app.

I also wonder why web based IDE's did not catch on, maybe you were to early here.
It kind of feels like it should somehow work.
WebVelocity is another example (it is not the right aproach IMO, but it feels reasonably solid).
The current cloud hype fits very well with a web based IDE.

Sven