[Pharo-project] Smalltalk Labs Browser

laurent laffont laurent.laffont at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 09:19:14 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Very nice video.
>
> Also note that there is a complete AJAX based OmniBrowser view for the
> web (OB-Web), that brings the complete OB toolset including all
> refactoring tools to the web for over 4 years now. No web-based
> development UI really took off in the past decade, so I wonder if this
> is really what people need?

May be not a full featured IDE. But I used a web code browser for Seaslides
(see
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/uZxVgeeGwSOMW86-QeHbSQ?feat=directlink)
which is basically a WABrowser subclass + Bespin (now Skywriter)
so it has at least one usage :).

I've just discovered http://www.ymacs.org/ (demo
http://www.ymacs.org/demo/) and it seems a web browser can be a good
candidate as a portable IDE.

It may be easier today to experiment with GUI in a Web Browser than in
Morphic.

Laurent Laffont