[Pharo-project] Smalltalk Labs Browser

Tudor Girba tudor.girba at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 12:29:42 CET 2010

Hi,

I would also like to point out Glamour, an engine for building browsers. It is similar in intent with OmniBrowser in that it models the interaction independently from the rendering, but it aims to go further and model complex interactions.

If you want to get an idea about it, here is a small tutorial example:
http://www.themoosebook.org/book/internals/glamour/glimpse

If you want to play with it, you can:
-  load it in a PharoDev 1.1:
Gofer new
 	squeaksource: 'Glamour';
	package: 'ConfigurationOfGlamour';
	load.
 (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlamour) perform: #loadDefault
- or get it from the nightly built Moose image:
http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/moose/*zip*/moose.zip

Here is an example of a browser (in this case, only readonly) that is available on the web (best seen with Firefox). We use to browse the code meta-model we use in Moose:
http://online.moosetechnology.org/moose/metaBrowser

The same code can be seen by executing "MooseMetaBrowser open" in a Moose image.

Cheers,
Doru