[Pharo-project] RoarVM - Pharo and Squeak on Multicore

Stefan Marr pharo at stefan-marr.de
Wed Nov 3 20:16:25 CET 2010

On 03 Nov 2010, at 18:40, Felipe Ignacio Valverde Campos wrote:

> Hi
> Yes, is on a x86_64-linux, Debian squeeze.
I use that setup on one of the machines, too.
Should not be problem with the 32bit libraries.

> The problem was some libraries... but with a good symbolic links compile
> fine, but, Pharo 1.2 doesn't works, it freezes.
Pharo works currently only with a single core, I think.
And there might be one of my latest fixes missing in the current change set for Pharo.
The event processing is broken somehow. I have a work-around (below) but still need to figure out why the eventBuffer is not filled in correctly by the primitive.

Wouldn't be surprised if it is again Pharo's compiler *grml*. The other forks work, so I doubt that it is the primitive/VM.

!InputEventFetcher methodsFor: 'events' stamp: 'StefanMarr 10/31/2010 21:45' prior: 47875547!
eventLoop
	"Fetch pending raw events from the VM.
	 This method is run at high priority."

	[true] whileTrue: [
		| window eventBuffer type |
		self waitForInput.
		[eventBuffer := Array new: 8.
		self primGetNextEvent: eventBuffer.
		type := eventBuffer at: 1.
		((type = EventTypeNone) or: [type isNil])]
			whileFalse: [
				"Patch up the window index in case we don't get one"
				window := eventBuffer at: 8.
				(window isNil
					or: [window isZero])
					ifTrue: [eventBuffer at: 8 put: 1].

				self signalEvent: eventBuffer]].
		RVMPrimitives printOnConsole: 'ended event loop'.! !

--
Stefan Marr
Software Languages Lab