[Pharo-project] RoarVM - Pharo and Squeak on Multicore

Stefan Marr pharo at stefan-marr.de
Wed Nov 3 23:59:15 CET 2010

Hi Igor:

On 03 Nov 2010, at 22:36, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> "so, placing: "
>
> eventBuffer at: 1 put: EventTypeNone.
>
> "should solve the promblem?"
Ok, I found the difference. Probably our VM is behaving slightly different from what the SqueakVM. (Not sure what the 'right' thing to do is thought)

From my understanding, the idea is that if there is no event, the primitive will fail.
And all other images have that case covered. They set the first array index to EventTypeNone.

Thus, "InputEventFetcher>>primGetNextEvent: array" should look like:

primGetNextEvent: array
	"Store the next OS event available into the provided array.
	Essential."
	<primitive: 94>
	array at: 1 put: EventTypeNone. "STEFAN: Added this line"
	^nil

However, since Pharo works on the other VM, I guess the primitive there is filling in the first slot of the array anyway.
So, what is the specification? I think the primitives have changed since 'the bluebook'.

Best regards
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr