[Pharo-project] Introspection on saved image file

YossiDM smalltalk at fixinsbar.com
Thu Nov 4 21:38:17 CET 2010

Is there a simple way that I can do some introspection on an image file
without loading it as the current image for the VM? Specifically, I want to
query the classes, methods, packages, etc loaded into the image for
documentation purposes, for example from a previous version of an image
saved as a snapshot.

Is there a way I can do this with built-in functionality? It's easy on the
running image, but I don't want to actually load a new VM with an image to
check its contents. Would it be possible to use AST or anything like that
worst case?

Thanks.