[Pharo-project] Introspection on saved image file

YossiDM smalltalk at fixinsbar.com
Fri Nov 5 00:13:11 CET 2010

Stéphane,

Yes, we are definitely going to use Moose at some point and I have spent
some time with it, but it is lower on our list of priorities. Not because
there is anything bad about Moose, but rather we are trying to be pragmatic
about our development scope. Moose is really extensive which is a good
thing, but our original goal has already gotten far too ambitious in that we
were doing introspection for learning, but now it's developing into a huge
project on its own. I'll go into this later.

The other piece is that we're looking to do a lot from a web interface and I
know the models are applicable from Moose, but I am not so sure about all
the visualizations (perhaps the models to generate the visualizations for
sure). We are also looking at Glamour in conjunction with all of this.

I think it will help to explain what we're doing and why and then maybe you
can make recommendations based on your experiences. I'll start a new thread
so as not to go off on a huge tangent. Thanks.