[Pharo-project] Fwd:Dr.geo en Arabe

YossiDM smalltalk at fixinsbar.com
Sat Nov 6 22:04:54 CET 2010

I've had problems with Hebrew fonts which should fall in the same problem
space.

I just tried some true type ones and the glyphs don't show (same fonts work
just fine in eclipse and visual studio). Maybe a bitmap version would work.
In any case, it's hard enough getting right to left working in my
experience. I don't believe it works particularly well in morphic and in the
editors to be useful and you end up being reduced to cut and paste with
strings (assuming you can get the string text to even display correctly).

I've fooled around with unicode and utf-8 without much luck, but perhaps
someone more familiar with Pharo internals can come up with better
internationalization solutions. Also keep in mind there are both specialized
keyboards and ones that just map font glyphs based on querty, and also
overlays. Most of this comes from the host OS of course - check it out on
Mac OSX, lots of settings here, but nothing I've tried works with Pharo.