[Pharo-project] About SimpleMorphic

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Mon Nov 8 15:05:18 CET 2010

Hi Folks,

WRT Layout APIs, SimpleMorphic includes the same simplified version of
LayoutFrame as Cuis.

Cuis also includes a new approach, implemented in LayoutSpec and
LayoutMorph. I did this for an application that requies adding new
widgets without specifying a new layout for all of them. It is also
nicer than LayoutFrame, and will replace it at some moment. But it is
not used at all by SimpleMorphic or Cuis, and that's why I did not
include it in SimpleMorphic for Pharo. But you might open Cuis and take
a look it, and load it in Pharo if you like. Try the example class
methods in LayoutMorph, and resize the morph to see what it can do.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich