[Pharo-project] Monticello in Squeak 3.7 MVC-only Or changeset updater script?

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Mon Nov 8 19:41:25 CET 2010

On 11/08/2010 09:55 AM, Stefan Marr wrote:
> Hi Dale:
>
>> Stefan,
>>
>> If Monticello isn't already running in Squeak3.7, then you'll have to treat it as a port ... For porting into an older version of Squeak, I would start by unzipping the mcz file ... you should be able to filein the snapshot/source.st file and then you are off to the races:)
> By now I discovered the Squeak3.7-5989-full.zip image which includes Monticello.
> But when I open it in a MVC project, it uses still the Morphic UI, and after investigating a bit in the code, I expect it to be a major reimplementation effort for the UI in case I really would want to get it going in MVC land...
>
> Looks like I have to continue with importing changes-files to my pharo image for the moment :-/
>
> Thanks
> Stefan

Stefan,

You might take a quick look at porting Gofer ... there is no Gofer ui,
but you should be able to script most of your operations....Once gofer
is ported, Metacello could be ported as well ... I'd be interested in
incorporating the changes to Metacello core ...if any... into the
standard code base if possible ...

Dale