[Pharo-project] about consistency between hex implementations

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Mon Nov 8 21:36:36 CET 2010

Hi eliot

I was going over some changes and I noticed that in squeak

20 hex
	16r41
$A hex
	'41'

in pharo we have
	hex that always returns 16rXX

	$A hex '16r41'

	20 hex  '16r14'

Even if this is regular this is not really nice. In fact this ones should be fixed to return numbers and not strings.
I do not understand why hex should return a string.

and in pharo
	printStringHex the XX part only

$A printStringHex
	'41'

20 printStringHex
	'14'

Here this is a string since the name says it.

In VW there is asHexString which is nice too.

So could we agree on that and get a system that is nicer and more consistent.