[Pharo-project] About SimpleMorphic

Fernando Olivero fernando.olivero at usi.ch
Tue Nov 9 13:21:57 CET 2010

Hi Juan, i have a couple of questions regarding the new Cuis layout,
which by the way , is a much cleaner implementation!.

"LayoutSpecs are the basis for a new layout mechanism, alternative to
LayoutFrame. Any Morph can be given a LayoutSpec, but in order to
honor it, the morph must be submorph of a LayoutMorph."

In my opinion, we dont need to enforce the LayoutMorph subclasification.
Because Morph>>doLayoutIfNeeded could use its "layoutMorphSpec"
collaborator, if present.

doLayoutIfNeeded
	[self layoutSpec layoutSubmorphsIn: self layoutBounds] on: Error do: [ :ex |
What do you think?

Fernando

pd: Similar to decoupling the "visual layout properties" that Brazil is doing.