[Pharo-project] Strange graphics effect (getting Pharo running on the RoarVM)

Stefan Marr pharo at stefan-marr.de
Tue Nov 9 14:42:16 CET 2010

Hi:

When I run Pharo on the RoarVM, I have some strange graphics effects.
Maybe anyone has seen something similar in the past and could point me in the direction of the problem.

The attached screenshot shows the effect I see while moving a window.
All parts of the window, which were containing text are basically cut out, and the other windows in the back are visible instead. This effects seems to occur only while dragging/moving the window.

As a reminder, we are using X11.

So, if anyone remembers to have experiences something similar in the past, please let me know what the fix was.

Thanks
Stefan