[Pharo-project] About SimpleMorphic

Fernando Olivero fernando.olivero at usi.ch
Wed Nov 10 09:17:41 CET 2010

I just ran the examples, and just can say...NICE!!

m := LayoutMorph example3
m width: 400.
m width: 600.
row := m submorphs anyOne.
row submorphs last delete.
row delete.
m delete.

I've just added these lines to the example. You can find the minor
changes in the attached changeset.

AH! i've misread the submorph of LayoutMorph part.

Still i think that LayoutMorph does not necessarily have to be a
Morph, because it only has the responsibility of laying out a group of
"rectangles" right? My comments were in this direction, to decouple
LayoutMorph from Morph. I couldn't tell if Brazil's Area is a "Brazil
visual", but i ask why not decuple it?

When i did my own GauchoLayouts i've implemented like this, but now i
would like ditch them and use your classes and merge them with Morph.

Fernando
pd: i couldnt go to Smalltalks this year, so sadly i wont see you next
talk on Morphic3.0?

I will continue to play with you layout morphs, and possibly adapt
them to Pharo.
Fernando