[Pharo-project] ExternalIconFamily framework finally decoupled from Gaucho

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Wed Nov 10 13:54:30 CET 2010

Hi Fernando,

Fernando Olivero wrote:
> Hi, i set up the repo here http://www.squeaksource.com/ExternalIconFamily
>
> "This framework allows importing and managing any external icon
> family. Once imported , the icon family is reified into the image,
> As an example it comes with the Oxygen icon family imported, to load
> others see the example named OxygenIconFamilyBuilder.
> Subclasses of ExternalIconFamily act as caches for all the forms, that
> were requested previously.
> To load a form send, ExternalIconFamily>>iconNamed: aString size: aNumber "
>
> Now the integration to UITheme is missing, i will try to have a
> working example soon.
>
> Fernando

I like it! Just a couple of details: GMIconFamily and GMIcon are
Undeclared in PharoCore-1.2-12146. And a few methods use underscores in
the selector... Cuis supports it,
 but I prefer having the preference off by default. I think underscores
in identifiers should only be used when there are very strong reasons.
And I don't see them here. Could you consider removing them?

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich