[Pharo-project] VM Plugins that are important for performance?

Stefan Marr pharo at stefan-marr.de
Wed Nov 10 14:36:08 CET 2010

Hi all:

From your experience, what are the important VM plugins to gain a snappy and responsive Pharo image.

Stef mentioned the Font plugin, but will this improve the user experience or is it just nice to have to support different kinds of fonts?

The reason for my question is the 'performance hit' I have to take with the RoarVM for the moment.
So, if there are things typically done in plugins which now running in Smalltalk on the RoarVM, then I guess I could benefit by including those plugins.

Thanks
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr