[Pharo-project] Alien + Cog VM

Ken Treis ken at miriamtech.com
Wed Nov 10 19:20:20 CET 2010

What's the status of Alien in the new Cog VM? I was able to load Alien into Pharo 1.1.1 running Cog, and some simple callouts worked (e.g. `CRLibrary libraryVersionString` in CairoGraphics. But every callout with arguments failed in primFFICallResult:.

Alien works perfectly for me in Pharo 1.1 using JMM's VMs when I load the Pharo 1.1 version from ConfigurationOfAlien, but I admit I haven't tried 1.1.1 in this arrangement.

Is there something that's changed in Cog's Alien primitive implementation?

--
Ken Treis
Miriam Technologies, Inc.