[Pharo-project] Weird OB accept behavior

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Wed Nov 10 19:35:21 CET 2010

I am using a 1.1.1 image with

   SystemBrowser defaultOpenBrowser  OBSystemBrowserAdaptor

I am debugging some code that I have not used for a while, so a few growing pains would not be a surprise.

What DOES surprise me is the following:

(1) select #plotFrom:to:using:keepGoing:plots: and accept the code; no errors are reported; fair enough (or is it?).
(2) edit the source (even just adding a harmless new line) and accept, and the compiler (correctly, it appears) complains that arguments are already defined.

I suspect the arguments are indeed stomping on instance variables that I added during the past year, and that confusion is the source of some seriously strange looking behavior.  The point is that accept is apparently doing nothing or failing silently until I actually edit the source.  I greatly prefer the error messages to silence; I assume the silence is related to a desire to get code loaded intact rather than having MC bark mid-load??

Bill