[Pharo-project] ExternalIconFamily framework finally decoupled from Gaucho

Fernando Olivero fernando.olivero at usi.ch
Sun Nov 14 12:15:35 CET 2010

DONE! please take a look at the new description.

This framework allows importing and managing any external icon family.
Once imported , the icon family is reified into the image,
ExternalIconFamilyOxygen. As an example it comes with the Oxygen icon
family imported, to load others see the example named
OxygenIconFamilyBuilder.
Subclasses of ExternalIconFamily act as caches for all the forms, that
were requested previously.
To load a form send
ExternalIconFamily>>iconNamed: aString size: aNumber
AlphaImageMorph named: 'document_save' size: 32 family: 'oxygen'.

For looking at all the icons provided by an imported family
ExternalIconFamilyOxygen allIconsExample

The external file directory, from where to import the files should
have all the desired icons, categorized by sizes in directories named
16x16, 32x32, 64x64, etc...

Every icon family builder responds iconsSpecs, which is the
specification of all the icons to import.
IconsFamilyBuilder>>iconsSpecs is automatically created with the
contents of all the icons in the external folder. But this can be
overridden in any subclass, for loading any subset of all the
available icons. ( See ExternalIconSpec class).
The importer creates valid selectors from the icon file names, and
later creates aliases. For example, "AlphaImageMorph named:
'document_save' size: 32 family: 'oxygen'", the icon contents are
retrieved using a automatically defined alias, so you can the original
file names

To load evaluate in Pharo
Gofer it
squeaksource: 'ExternalIconFamily';