[Pharo-project] Unix thing? Possible silent failure writing file.

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sun Nov 14 16:29:18 CET 2010

I just had another silent failure that is a little disturbing.  In short, I was writing a text file for use with R, needed a new column, arranged for it and re-wrote (so I intended) the file.  Nothing happened, and no errors resulted.  Is there a unix newbie trap at work?  Truncating the file allow it to work.  The need for that is one thing; having writes fail with no trace of why is another.  Any ideas?

Bill