[Pharo-project] Image size

Henrik Johansen henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no
Wed Nov 17 13:04:13 CET 2010

It's not entirely what you are looking for, but back in May Alexandre Bergel made a nice small tool:

http://www.squeaksource.com/MemoryMonitor

For 1.2, labels need to be updated to use printUsingDecimalPlaces: rather than rounding the float then asking for printString, and its icon needs to be relocated from being a MenuIcons extension.

Speaking of MenuIcons, would it be a good idea to keep the Icons class var as an empty Dictionary?
It saves some (at least this :) ) tools from breaking, but perhaps now is the best time to do so anyways, as the "proper" change is somewhat obvious with all the methods containing comments of their deprecation?

As for cleanUpForRelease, most of its code should be moved to the new cleanUp: protocol of the classes they affect, most of which (afaict) should be done even when called non-agressively.
At which point you should be able to doit
Smalltalk cleanUp
and get almost the same results.

Cheers,
Henry