[Pharo-project] Pharo go in loop.

Henrik Johansen henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no
Wed Nov 17 17:06:38 CET 2010

On Nov 17, 2010, at 4:25 42PM, Dario Trussardi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	i restored the change ( thanks, Serge and Max ).
>
> 	Now i found this problem in my pharo 1.1 image:
>
> 		I open a class browser and select the Object class.
>
> 		Now when i clic:	 the browse hierarchy  ( of Object ) 		the system go in loop.
>

> 	It is my problem or is know ?
>
> 	Thanks,
>
> 			Dario

Question is if it indefinately hangs (which can not be reproduced in a clean 1.1), or just takes extremely long (which can)
You can't expect it to be extremely fast to open a browser on the entire class hierarchy, but it should be faster than what it is in 1.1.
In OBClassSortFilter>>#nodesFrom:forNode: , change #asOrderedCollection in the second line to #asSet, and it opensd in 1 second rather than 11 on my machine.

If this is as usual, Lukas has probably already fixed this in a newer version of OB :)

Cheers,
Henry