[Pharo-project] Issue 3266 in pharo: Clean TextEditor
alain.plantec at free.fr
Wed Nov 17 22:09:08 CET 2010
Le 17/11/2010 21:29, Fernando Olivero a écrit :
> Hi Alain, this is great work! Improving text editor is must.
> I'm looking forward to see your changes.
> Just one remark, please use english next time!
Here is the english version.
The primary intention was to make undo/redo work with System-Undo
(With Serge Stinckwich, we've started to work on this during the Pharo
sprint at ESUG this year).
Here is the list of what is in the box:
* infinite undo/redo cmd-z/cmd-j
* redesign of the find and replace (cmd-f). Just look at the dialog
screenshot, it is sufficient to understand what is available.
* new design for the basic completion (cmd-q for now but should be
mapped soon to cmd-tab, cmd-space or something like that)
* a secondary selection (when you select a portin of the text, the other
portions that match the selection are enlighted)
* a find&replace selection (when typein a text in the find & replace
dialog or set the search text with cmd-h, then, all matching portion of
text are directly enlighted)
* a selection bar (the line where is the caret is also enlighted)
* and finally, the use of the menu-builder framework for the declaration
of the editors menus (as for the world menu).
All these changes come with a deep cleaning of the editors code.
Hope you will enjoy.
Note that if you don't like the secondary selection, the find & replace
the selection bar, then you can switch them off from the settings browser.
You can also change the colors.
In the screenshot you can see all these selections in action:
you see the (primary) selection in blue as usual, the secondary one in
and the find&replace one in light orange.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 54166 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Pharo-project