[Pharo-project] Issue 3266 in pharo: Clean TextEditor

Alain Plantec alain.plantec at free.fr
Wed Nov 17 22:09:08 CET 2010

Le 17/11/2010 21:29, Fernando Olivero a écrit :

Hi Fernando
> Hi Alain, this is great work! Improving text editor is must.
> I'm looking forward to see your changes.
>
> Just one remark, please use english next time!
> Fernando
yes, sorry
Here is the english version.
The primary intention was to make undo/redo work with System-Undo
integrated recently.
(With Serge Stinckwich, we've started to work on this during the Pharo
sprint at ESUG this year).

Here is the list of what is in the box:

* infinite undo/redo cmd-z/cmd-j
* redesign of the find and replace (cmd-f). Just look at the dialog
screenshot, it is sufficient to understand what is available.
* new design for the basic completion (cmd-q for now but should be
mapped soon to cmd-tab, cmd-space or something like that)
* a secondary selection (when you select a portin of the text, the other
portions that match the selection are enlighted)
* a find&replace selection (when typein a text in the find & replace
dialog or set the search text with cmd-h, then, all matching portion of
text are directly enlighted)
* a selection bar (the line where is the caret is also enlighted)
* and finally, the use of the menu-builder framework for the declaration
of the editors menus (as for the world menu).

All these changes come with a deep cleaning of the editors code.
Hope you will enjoy.
Note that if you don't like the secondary selection, the find & replace
one and/or
the selection bar, then you can switch them off from the settings browser.
You can also change the colors.
In the screenshot you can see all these selections in action:
you see the (primary) selection in blue as usual, the secondary one in
light green
and the find&replace one in light orange.

Cheers
Alain