[Pharo-project] XOR: don't recieve a block

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Thu Nov 18 19:16:43 CET 2010

On Nov 18, 2010, at 6:58 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Marcus Denker wrote:
>

>> On Nov 18, 2010, at 6:34 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> & |  don't
>>> Do not cnfuse lazy and the others.
>>

>> true xor: [false]
>>
>> --> walkback.
>>
>> false xor: [false]
>>
>> --> [false]
>>
>> There is a call to #value missing (which will keep it working with booleans, too, as they understand
>> #value, too (returning self)).
>
> That's a possible solution, but xor can't be lazy, so the block is just pointless.

So the question is if we do it for consistency...
(between or:, and:, xor:. They are so close that it's strange to have different parameters for them.

On the negative side, it does cost a send of #value (quick return self) for
the case that one calls it on a boolean...

	Marcus

INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.