[Pharo-project] Not happy with the issues feed from Google

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 21:59:26 CET 2010

On 18 November 2010 22:38, Stephan Eggermont <stephan at stack.nl> wrote:
> Stef wrote in reply to:
>>On Nov 18, 2010, at 5:53 PM, Stephan Eggermont wrote:
>>>That doesn't help with the web interface;
>>??
> As I said, I often browse
> http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2010-November/
>
>>>But you just get a bad summary from squeak-source I have to click on the link all the time.
> But then you at least get to see the whole discussion instead of one line.
>
>> - Filtering doesn't work with digests;
>>>I do not understand
>
> The mailing list has a digest function. Most email clients do not know how to
> filter them.
>
>> - The subject is not good and the content is not good for a mailing list;
>>>Why
>>>Bugs are our concerns
>
> I fully agree that bugs are our concern, and that it is important to make
> activity visible. I also understand and share your frustration that bug
> reports are badly read and written. I just think that this works contra-productive.
> - the subject of a feed message is bad: it is just the issue number
> and the issue title, instead of adding what happened with the issue.
> - the content of a feed message is bad: the context is missing.

i think its because you turned it on just recently.
For new issues, all messages will probably be gathered into a single
thread by mailing client,
so by opening it, everyone could be able to read a whole issue from
very starting, without a need to visit an issue tracker.
(btw, to test that,  create a new issue)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.