[Pharo-project] Ideas for CompiledMethod proxies?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 19:28:16 CET 2010

>> Thanks Levente. I like this idea. I've been doing proxies for classes,
>> normal objects, etc and I never thought about using SmallIntegers. This is
>> because I usually need to do a #become:   between the original object and
>> the proxy. But in this case this is not needed, since I just need a
>> methodDict at: put: .  And this is a good idea because I don't need an
>> object header per proxy instance.
>>
>> I will try to implement this. Thank you very much for all the answers.
>>

> I did a quick implementation and it works. The only problem is that you
> can't swap-out a method that's used by the swap-in code.

It doesn't work here. It seems I cannot use SmallInteger like methods. The
#run:with:in: is never call and the image crashes.

Example (be carefull, it may crash your image):

TestCase methodDict at: #assert: put: 4.
TestCase new assert: 'zaraza'.

I am checking the VM side now to see if I find something.

Cheers

Mariano