[Pharo-project] Issue 3277 in pharo: [FIX] Replace #& in Socket with #and: to save #isConnected send

pharo at googlecode.com pharo at googlecode.com
Sat Nov 20 23:58:35 CET 2010

Owner: philippe.marschall
Labels: Difficulty-Easy Importance-Low Type-RequestForEnhancement
Milestone-1.2

New issue 3277 by philippe.marschall: [FIX] Replace #& in Socket with #and:
to save #isConnected send

Socket #waitForSendDoneFor: and #waitForSendDoneUntil: use #&. We can
replace this with #and: to save #isConnected self send in case
#primSocketSendDone: answers true. This is likely the case in local host
due to shared memory (eg. Seaside behind an Apache). In order to preserve
the exact same semantics we have to swap the receiver and argument of #&.

I'll a commit a patch shortly but I first need to have an id so that I can
reference it.