[Pharo-project] New to PHP 5.4: Traits

Stefan Marr pharo at stefan-marr.de
Sun Nov 21 22:06:35 CET 2010

Hi:

On 21 Nov 2010, at 21:47, jaayer wrote:
> Excellent that other, lesser languages like PHP, Perl 6 and Scala have already adopted and standardized Traits while the reactionaries in the Smalltalk community still resist doing the same?
Ignoring all the sarcasm in that comment:
I don't see any form of standardization here. I am not aware that any of the other existing PHP implementations has picked up Traits so far.

And well, it is about 3 years from the first implementation to a first release in an official alpha version of PHP. There is still a loooong way to go...

Best regards
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr