[Pharo-project] is there an easy way to know the SmallInteger instances?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 23:59:32 CET 2010

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 11:55 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K <bschwab at anest.ufl.edu>wrote:

> Mariano,
>
> I see your point, but given the immediate object encoding tricks I'm not
> sure it's possible.

:(   It's a pity. Because most users should not be aware of this. This
should be completly transparent for the developer.

> Would the class methods #minVal and #maxVal be of any use to you?

No :( Maybe it is better in this way: I want to know how many instances/temp
var have a SmallInetger. This means, how many slots/words have a 1 in the
last bit. This is what I understand by "Smallinteger instances".