[Pharo-project] Issue 3266 in pharo: Clean TextEditor

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Mon Nov 22 11:55:31 CET 2010

Hi Stef,

Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>> k that we can build something on simpleMorphic,
>>>
>> Why? That would be a huge disappointment.
>>

> so it means that we should
> 	- throw/redo polymorph extensions (because even if some code of polymorph sucks because gary did it to turn around
> 		morphic this is still the best look we have)

Yes. This is a good opportunity to make it better.

> 	- clean again all the preferences

Yes. Maybe a 3 hour job.

> 	- clean again all the MVC dependencies....

SimpleMorphic doesn't include any MVC bits or dependency.

> Since I do not have the know-how this is why I wrote the next paragraph:

Well, that doesn't stop Mariano from fighting the deepest internals of
the VM... Developing any needed know-how in the Pharo community will
ensure that Pharo will survive any technical difficulties that might
arise in any part of the system.

>>> what we can do is look at the kernel and see how the changes can be applied to Morphic. But may be I'm wrong.
>>> Tell me what you think.
>>> What is clear is that I would like to have the Sophie evtn hierarchy because we will start cleaning event soon internally.
>>> Stef

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich