[Pharo-project] Issue 3266 in pharo: Clean TextEditor

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Mon Nov 22 14:27:07 CET 2010

Hi Stef,

Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>> 	- clean again all the MVC dependencies....
>>>

> FillInTheBlank? PopUpMenu?

Those might be not pretty, and I agree they can be replaced by something
better, but they are not MVC dependencies.

>> Well, that doesn't stop Mariano from fighting the deepest internals of the VM... Developing any needed know-how in the Pharo community will ensure that Pharo will survive any technical difficulties that might arise in any part of the system.
>>

> yes this is the idea.
> And we should do it but again my plate is full

That's ok. But you are the leader of the community. When you say:

"I do not think that we can build something on simpleMorphic, what we
can do is look at the kernel and see how the changes can be applied to
Morphic",

 it really means that it should better not be done. It means "I think it
can't be done, don't waste your time".

If, instead of that, you say "I can't help, but feel free to go ahead",
the reaction of the community will be completely different.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich