[Pharo-project] rename a method programatically

jaayer jaayer at zoho.com
Tue Nov 23 18:56:51 CET 2010

---- On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 05:17:05 -0800 Cyrille Delaunay  wrote ----

>Hello,
>
>I would like to know how I can rename a method programatically and safelly (without missing to raise any event that has to be raised)

I don't believe there is any simple way to do this.

Basically, to rename a method you have to remove it first and compile into its class a new method containing the same source code but with a different selector at the beginning. This is how the refactory browser does it when you select "rename" from the "refactor method" menu. If anyone knows of a better way, I would be interested to hear it.