[Pharo-project] Fwd: [Pharo-users] TestMock: a full featured mock testing framework now available in SqueakSource

laurent laffont laurent.laffont at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 20:31:25 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 5:39 PM, Luc Fabresse <luc.fabresse at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Dennis,
>
>  Yes, TDD is highly popular and encouraged in the Smalltalk community.
>  And mocks are not necessary in most cases.

Hi Luc,

why Mocks are less necessary in Smalltalk than in other
(Ruby/Python/whatever...) languages ? Do you have some examples / link ?

Sometimes I think a mocking library should be in PharoCore so I don't need
to write my own mocks.....

Cheers,

Laurent

> #Luc
>

> 2010/11/23 Dennis Schetinin <chaetal at gmail.com>
>
> How is it compared to Mocketry (http://www.squeaksource.com/Mocketry.html)?
>> SMock?
>>
>> BTW, isn't TDD without mocks a bit incomplete? And is TDD popular among
>> smalltalkers actually?
>>
>> 2010/11/22 Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com>
>>
>> This is cool Anindya. I don't need mocks right now, but I will keep it in
>>> mind!
>>>
>>> I cc'ed Pharo-dev mailing list.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Mariano

>>> appreciated. The wiki section includes a brief how-to guide with code