[Pharo-project] <script language="smalltalk">

Jan van de Sandt jvdsandt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 14:50:19 CET 2010

Perhaps a Smalltalk variant of the Google Web Toolkit (GWT) would be a good
idea.

GWT compiles Java code into browser specific obfuscated Javascript code. At
development time you can run and debug the Java code directly in the browser
by using some kind of browser plugin. When you are ready to deploy you
generate the Javascript code and your app runs in all modern browsers
without any plugins.

A Smalltalk variant would use Smalltalk as the source language instead of
Java, the other parts of GWT can be reused. GWT is open source (Apache 2.0
license).

Jan.

GWT Homepage: http://code.google.com/intl/nl/webtoolkit/