[Pharo-project] Question about MethodContext, tempNames and GC

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 12:10:54 CET 2010

> And then I thought... mmmmmm  how can I access the arguments of a sender of
> a sender of .... because I thought they should be garbage collected, but if
> I can access. Ok, there is when I discover that this information is stored
> in a DebuggerMethodMap and  I guess this guy uses a kind of WeakArray to
> store them.

No, arguments need to kept with the context object until the context
object itself is not used anymore (e.g. not referenced from anywhere
and execution completed with a return or unwind).

> Now, for my loop detector, I use  thisContext to access senders AND I need
> to access the arguments of a method of a sender.

Go to the Process Browser and click on 'start CPUWatcher'. It kind of does that.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch