[Pharo-project] TestRunner and OB, esier to run tests when subclassing?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 10:47:14 CET 2010

Hi. Forget for a moment why I have subclasses in my tests. But I have them.
Some people do not agree with this, but this is not what I want to discuss.
Suppose I have an abstract test sub several subclasses.
In my case, all the tests (most of them) are in the superclass. But all
tests use a method that I override in each concrete subclass.

So...I have 2 problems:

1) I cannot run a single test (cmd + t) from OB, from one of the abstract
class, but a subclass as receiver. (remember I override).
This is the most complicated for me. I don't remember if it was squeak or
VAST but I was able to select the scope of the visibility of methods while
browsing methods. So for example, with OB, I would love to scope the methods
if the method pane to: self (as it is now), self + all super classes , self
+ all super classes but not Object.
This way, I can just change the scope, see the tests and be able to run them
directly from the subclass. In addition, I think this is very useful.

2) When I open a test runner, I don't want that my abstract class appears
there, since you cannot run the tests. Is there a way to prevent this?

thanks in advance,

mariano