[Pharo-project] RBScanner>>#initializeClassificationTable

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Fri Nov 26 13:02:08 CET 2010

Hi Lukas,

>In Pharo 1.2 we hopefully remove the option (underscore assignments)
>to get rid of them for all and forever.

You wont get rid of them just by removing the option. :(

There is a lot of "legacy" code out there that is not converted
and will then not be loadable in Pharo >= 1.2 or greater.

Keeping the option would allow to load this code and convert
it to standard assignment in the future. Otherwise
one has to use Squeak or Pharo < 1.2 to convert before using
it in recent images.

On the other side we havent cared on backward compatibily too
much anyway (yet) ...

Bye
T.

--
GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 &euro;/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit