[Pharo-project] Issue 3329 in pharo: Object>>closeTo:

pharo at googlecode.com pharo at googlecode.com
Fri Nov 26 16:25:11 CET 2010

Comment #1 on issue 3329 by jbaptiste.arnaud: Object>>closeTo:

Not only Float, Point and Number too.

The Behavior on Object is just a default Behavior,
If the object can be compare and is equal return try, else false.

I think is a artifact of defensive programming,
"ok we declare the method in Object to be sure it's defined somewhere."
Nevertheless that don't really making sense to create this kind of method on
Object, what is relevant to decide if a object is "close" of another
object. The semantics is completely ambiguous.
i think we should remove that crap.

I think we can discuss about renaming,remove or Replace the other
occurrence of
#closeTo: too.