[Pharo-project] Pharo integration in enterprise feedback

csrabak at bol.com.br csrabak at bol.com.br
Fri Nov 26 18:37:48 CET 2010

Em 26/11/2010 07:03, Mariano Martinez Peck < marianopeck at gmail.com > escreveu:

> On   Thu,   Nov   25,    2010   at   10:40   PM,   laurent   laffont
> > <laurent.laffont at gmail.com> wrote: Hi, I'm looking for feedback on
> >  Pharo integration in enterprise.  Especially how you have managed
> >  to put  Pharo in your  enterprise.  For example, I'm  involved in
> >  web application development in other
> > languages.  For functional  testing  I'm able  to script  Selenium
> > using Pharo thanks  to WebTester.  So Pharo has  made a small step
> > at my work.
>

>  Just   show   them   the   diff   in  time/money   for   the   same
> development. (BTW, I don't have experience on that heheheh).

Mariano, trust me, I have twenty years of experience on this, and have to
tell you: language or more generally the technology has a very small
impact in the result you're after to show as 'proof' of supremacy for
Pharo in the enterprise. . .

Processes, the skill level of the developers, the efficacy of management
are much more important.

I will stay away of more hard discussions which would involve the statistical
validation of the findings before one can trump any result as gun smoke.

Regards,

--
Cesar Rabak