[Pharo-project] <script language="smalltalk">

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Fri Nov 26 19:25:49 CET 2010

On 26. 11. 2010 18:20, csrabak at bol.com.br wrote:
> Em 24/11/2010 11:50, Jan van de Sandt < jvdsandt at gmail.com > escreveu:

>>   A  Smalltalk variant would  use Smalltalk  as the  source language
>> instead of Java,  the other parts of GWT can be  reused. GWT is open
>> source (Apache 2.0 license).

> I think we have first to evaluate to what audience/market are thinking of
> targeting this effort, then estimate the effort, in order to see if its
> worth it.

Specially we the web guys are very interested of such a beast, because
we need to develop more in more on the client side and in JavaScript,
which is a bit hard, because of our Smalltalk habits, you know :)

Even more, Smalltalk on the client (Clamato way) can also solve one of
the main JavaScript problems: debugging on the client side. If we can
have near the same debugger on the client as we have in our IDE's, well,
this would be a huge step forward.

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web