[Pharo-project] Issue 3352 in pharo: Proposal (with code) for adding multipart/alternative MIME support to MailMessage and WAEmailMessage

pharo at googlecode.com pharo at googlecode.com
Sun Nov 28 22:35:08 CET 2010

Owner: ----

New issue 3352 by tony.fleig: Proposal (with code) for adding
multipart/alternative MIME support to MailMessage and WAEmailMessage

Pharo image: Pharo
Pharo core version: 1.1-11411
Virtual machine used: n/a
Class browser used (if applicable): n/a

I added the attached methods to MailMessage and modified one method in
WAEmailMessage to allow me to create and send multipart/alternative and
multipart/mixed email messages from Pharo/Seaside.

My need was to send text/plain and text/html multipart/alternative messages
for account registration confirmation.

SUnit tests are included for all the new methods.

I don't know precisely how to contribute this code. I have signed no
agreement yet. I'm hoping that by posting it the feature may find its way
into Pharo at some point. If the code is unacceptable for some reason, I am
willing to make whatever changes are needed.

Example using the new functionality:

| msg ssmsg |

msg := TFMailMessage empty.
msg
     addAlternativePart: 'This is plain text.'
         contentType: 'text/plain';
html.</body></html>'
         contentType: 'text/html'.

ssmsg := msg