[Pharo-project] How to update Pharo

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 10:23:08 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 8:20 PM, Tony Fleig <tony.fleig at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the document at:  http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/HowToContribute,
> I find
>

>    - Download the latest Pharo image from
>       http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/Downloads?tm=2.
>       - Launch the fresh image and load the latest updates by using the
>       option in the menu.
>

> The Pharo-1.1 One-Click image has no "update" option in the menu. Should I
> be using a different image?
>
> How would I go about updating the One-Click image "manually"?

You cannot. The Pharo image or the one click CANNOT be updated. The only
images that can be updated are the PharoCore and just inside the same
version family.

If you have 1.1, then the only update is Pharo 1.1.1 but it only has fixes
to run with CogVM.

There is no dev image for 1.2 yet....so wait :)

If you want to know why you cannot update a Pharo image, check in the web
interface of the mailing list and I promise there are hundreds of emails
explaining.

Cheers

Mariano