[Pharo-project] Ideas for CompiledMethod proxies?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 23:33:06 CET 2010

Thanks to both for answering me.
Now, I have very very newbie question.
In my case, JUST BECAUSE i am testing, I directly access the CompiledMethod
using MethodDictionary >> #at:ifAbsent:
thus, I can intercept and load back the original proxy.

Now, if I understood well, when you send a simple message to an object, the
method lookup is done at VM side, and there is no call to MethodDictionary
>> #at:ifAbsent:

So, what I am saying is that someone (the system) can send messages to a
SmallInteger that acts as a compiled methods, without accessing it by
MethodDictionary >> #at:ifAbsent:.
If that message is understood by the SmallInetger, then it will probably
answer something different than the original method.

Now, maybe what I am thinking cannot happen.

Thanks once again

Mariano