[Pharo-project] SimpleMorphic adoption schedule

Fernando Olivero fernando.olivero at usi.ch
Fri Apr 1 13:48:41 CEST 2011

HI Tudor,  i guess porting and updating SMx  from the latest version
in CUIS, would be made around next week.

This would give us: new Morph kernel, significantly simplified layout,
basic widgets simplified and unified ( for example only one class for
buttons) and anti-alised rounded corners for windows and buttons( Juan
implemented this taking ideas from Morphic3, way better than the OS
native widgets, just take a look at CUIS ).

Then

* Integrating Alain's editor state into the text morphs views
shouldn't take more than one day.

( I believe Glamour only requires up to here).

* When Ben releases Nautilus, we would have to port it to SMx. ( to
have standard browsers)
* Polymorph and SMx merge, would take quite a while, depending on the
amount of people we get involved.

So i dont know how much would it take to replace entirely Morphic with
SMx, having all the features of Polymorph also. Highly depends on the
people involved in this effort.

But having a simple version of SMx, is feasible within 15 days . and
then gradually add pieces till we can trash any Old-Morphic
dependance.

Fernando