[Pharo-project] PharoCasts with experts

Gary Chambers gazzaguru2 at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 1 15:46:30 CEST 2011

Not a simple scenario to recreate... we have many (Squeak) processes running
with relatively tight Delays along with execution of external commands (was
via PipeableOSProcess etc.).

All on Linux. Have seen problems with normal VMs, but more pronounced with
Cog, switching to FFi appears to have cured the issues so *assuming* there
is problem with OSProcess...

Ideally it would be good to get to the bottom of this as in another of our
applications we really need the pipe support for retrieving error output
(can be simulated by redirection on the command of course for the simplistic
libc/FFI we have done).

Regards, Gary