[Pharo-project] Regarding SimpleMorphic

csrabak at bol.com.br csrabak at bol.com.br
Fri Apr 1 20:29:58 CEST 2011

Em 31/03/2011 18:10, Benjamin <benjamin.vanryseghem.pharo at gmail.com> escreveu:

> On Mar 31, 2011, at 8:08 PM, csrabak at bol.com.br wrote:
>
> > Benjamin,
> >  Testing the understanding of the diagram of yours:
> >  Model, Pluggable TextMorph, Pluggable CodeMorph, Browser, Browser
> > Model, Debugger and Debugger Model all inherit from Object?
> >  the representation of "based on"  means that it changes states in
> > the model  counterpart, and "use"  means that has  some similarity
> > but not enough to inherit from the other classes?
>
>  based on means, that the view  (on right) is based on the model (on
> left)

This still tautological: does "based on" means the structure is one-to-one correspondent?

Or are we re-introducing the MVC paradigm and the "based on" means that the View has to know the inners of the Model in order to be built?

>  use means that the View use/is composed with the other view.
>  By example,  Browser is  based on BrowserModel,  and Browser  (as a
> Morph by example) contains a PluggableCodeMorph

This one explains well your thought, or at least I've the belief I understood.

>  Is it better like that ?

The second part, much better, for the first one I'm still lost :-(

>  (I'm sorry, but I'm not sure to be able to do a good UML ^^)

OK.

Let's see if after fully understanding your idea we can come by something.