[Pharo-project] fancier tab morph

Tudor Girba tudor.girba at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 08:34:12 CEST 2011

Hi,

In the context of Glamour, I worked on a Morphic tab widget a bit more and here is the status (see the screenshots for some examples):
- it computes the pages lazily only when you want to first show the page
- it provides the possibility of closing the tab
- it offers the possibility of rendering a toolbar for each page displayed to the right of the pages.

If you want to play with them, you can:
- download the latest moose image:
http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/moose/*zip*/moose.zip

- execute the following to get an example of closable tabs:
GLMBasicExamples new accumulator openOn: 42

- execute the following to get an example of tabs with different toolbars attached (to the right):
GLMBasicExamples new tabsWithDifferentActions openOn: 42

There are still a couple of issues left:
- When the title of a tab is too large, it pushes the bounds of the pane beyond what is visible.
- Also, when we have multiple tabs, they again go overboard.
- Similar things happen with the toolbar.

However, the good news is that Gary is looking into this :)

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Relationships are of two kinds: those we choose and those that happen. They both matter."