[Pharo-project] Participating to a cool project

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire.fernandes at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 20:55:03 CEST 2011

Dr. Geo (http://www.ofset.org/drgeo) is becoming better release after
release. It is proposed for all three major systems and the XO OLPC
laptop for kid.

It has been downloaded several thousand of times, it is used in several
place in the world, we even get a TV show only for DrGeo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdx7vJwPmcA

Yet it is a neat way to promote Smalltalk as DrGeo scripting feature
expose the user to the Smalltalk language and environment.
Far beyond my expectation, teachers are exploring DrGeo to use it as an
environment to teach programming, see this nice French article:
http://revue.sesamath.net/spip.php?article330

I hope more will come.

If you are interested to participate to a cool project, for coding,
documenting, testing, promoting; come and join, there are many stuff to do:

    * test
    * report defects
    * translate the user interface of the software
    * document and translate the documentation
    * design DrGeo courses
    * design graphics
    * learn from DrGeo design and fix bugs
    * learn from DrGeo design and implement new features

More to read at
http://community.ofset.org/index.php/Community_DrGeo#Participating_to_the_Project

--
Education 0.2 -- http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire